Friday, November 7, 2008

Cover Letter

November 6, 2008


To Whom It May Concern:


My career achievements have assisted me to excel in many capacities that fit perfectly with this position. I enclose my resume as the first step in exploring the possibilities of employment with your company.


My most recent career accomplishments are office manager / bookkeeper for Lewallen Architecture located in Portland, Oregon. My prior career achievement was HR / Payroll / Finance manager at Rudolf Steiner College, a non for profit university located in Sacramento, California. This position worked closely and reported to the CEO, CFO and the board of directors. The HR aspect of my position with the college specialized in personnel activity such as employment recruiting and compensation, personnel files and compliance, benefits, training, and employee relations. The Payroll tasks included processing timely employee bi-weekly payrolls for 300+ employees. The finance aspect of my position, Directed, managed, supervised, and coordinated the activities and operations of the Finance Division. This position included, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. All aspects of banking and income posting, as well as in depth knowledge of QuickBooks, PayChex software, account reconciliation, financial reports, and month end closing.

I am currently on the presidents /deans list with a 4.0 GPA at Kaplan university to complete my Bachelors in Accounting as well as the accelerated program to complete my MBA in December of 2010.


Throughout my 20+-year career in management; I have worked in large and small offices within nonprofit and corporate organizations. I have demonstrated proficiency in all core office administration functions; including document preparation, internal/external communications, data and records management, meeting scheduling, and task prioritization. In short; I can manage the office without supervision, juggle multiple tasks effectively, and maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive materials and matters.


In addition, I have experience in supervising staff and working with high net worth clients, both of which require extra attention to the “people management” side of business. Through successfully managing both internal and external relationships; I have accelerated the achievement of goals and positioned myself as a valuable resource in a variety of situations.


I would bring to your company not only these administrative skills, but also a positive, cooperative attitude that I have displayed throughout my career. I maintain calm under pressure and adapt to meet the unique needs of each organization.
Again, my résumé will detail the required skills and background you seek. I would welcome the opportunity for an interview at your convenience, and I thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Jill Stidd

No comments: